From EatingWell: May/June 1998
This tangy Vietnamese dressing would be a great dipping sauce for fresh spring rolls.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 small stalks lemongrass, trimmed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped shallot, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot chile oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- Combine broth, lemongrass and 2 tablespoons shallot in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Strain into a small bowl, discarding solids. Add remaining 2 tablespoons shallot, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and chile oil; whisk to combine. Just before serving, stir in cilantro and mint.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Vietnamese fish sauce is available in the international-food section of most supermarkets.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 7 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 119 mg sodium; 20 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value), Vitamin A (22% dv), Iron (16% dv).
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- May/June 1998