From EatingWell: May/June 1998
This tangy Vietnamese dressing would be a great dipping sauce for fresh spring rolls.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 small stalks lemongrass, trimmed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped shallot, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot chile oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- Combine broth, lemongrass and 2 tablespoons shallot in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Strain into a small bowl, discarding solids. Add remaining 2 tablespoons shallot, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and chile oil; whisk to combine. Just before serving, stir in cilantro and mint.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Vietnamese fish sauce is available in the international-food section of most supermarkets.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 7 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 119 mg sodium; 20 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value), Vitamin A (22% dv), Iron (16% dv).
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- May/June 1998