Lemongrass-Thai Lime Leaf Marinade
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
Fragrant lemongrass and Thai lime leaves infuse your favorite fish or seafood with flavor. Serve with Chile-Lime Dip.
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 stalk lemongrass, grated
- 1 ounce galangal, grated (see Note)
- 6 minced lime leaves, ribs removed (see Note)
- Whisk fish sauce and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in lemongrass, galangal and lime leaves. Marinate: 1/2 to 1 hour.
Tips & Notes
- Notes: Galangal is a fleshy root used as a seasoning in Southeast Asian cooking and is similar in appearance and flavor to ginger. Look for it fresh in specialty and Asian markets. Store unused portions in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Kaffir lime leaves (or makrut or Thai lime leaves) lend one of the signature flavors to Thai cooking—lemony and floral. Like other Asian ingredients, there is no real substitute, but lime zest will work in a pinch. Find the leaves fresh or frozen in Asian markets and online stores. Fresh leaves may be frozen, airtight, for up to 3 months.
Per serving: 21 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 2 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, marinade/rub
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- August/September 2006