Lemongrass-Thai Lime Leaf Marinade
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
Fragrant lemongrass and Thai lime leaves infuse your favorite fish or seafood with flavor. Serve with Chile-Lime Dip.
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 stalk lemongrass, grated
- 1 ounce galangal, grated (see Note)
- 6 minced lime leaves, ribs removed (see Note)
- Whisk fish sauce and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in lemongrass, galangal and lime leaves. Marinate: 1/2 to 1 hour.
Tips & Notes
- Notes: Galangal is a fleshy root used as a seasoning in Southeast Asian cooking and is similar in appearance and flavor to ginger. Look for it fresh in specialty and Asian markets. Store unused portions in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Kaffir lime leaves (or makrut or Thai lime leaves) lend one of the signature flavors to Thai cooking—lemony and floral. Like other Asian ingredients, there is no real substitute, but lime zest will work in a pinch. Find the leaves fresh or frozen in Asian markets and online stores. Fresh leaves may be frozen, airtight, for up to 3 months.
Per serving: 21 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 2 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, marinade/rub
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- August/September 2006