Lemon-Thyme Whipped Ricotta
From EatingWell: July/August 2014
This stunning yet easy appetizer recipe infuses creamy ricotta with fresh herbs and lemon. Serve with whole-grain crackers and cut-up vegetables or use as a spread for sandwiches or sauce for pasta.
- 1 15-ounce container part-skim ricotta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot or 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine ricotta, 2 tablespoons thyme, shallot (or chives), lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper and salt in a food processor. Puree for a few seconds until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and swirl the top with the back of a spoon. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with thyme.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 88 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 16 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g total sugars; 6 g protein; 0 g fiber; 212 mg sodium; 85 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value)
Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2014
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)