Lemon-Thyme Whipped Ricotta
From EatingWell: July/August 2014
This stunning yet easy appetizer recipe infuses creamy ricotta with fresh herbs and lemon. Serve with whole-grain crackers and cut-up vegetables or use as a spread for sandwiches or sauce for pasta.
- 1 15-ounce container part-skim ricotta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot or 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine ricotta, 2 tablespoons thyme, shallot (or chives), lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper and salt in a food processor. Puree for a few seconds until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and swirl the top with the back of a spoon. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with thyme.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 88 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 16 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g total sugars; 6 g protein; 0 g fiber; 212 mg sodium; 85 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value)
Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2014