This recipe is delicious, this is the second time I try it, super easy to do I pack if for my kids snack for school. I would have to add to add another half lemon zest than what the recipe calls for but either than that....love it. I would definetly recommend.
From EatingWell: July/August 2007
The secret to the sparkling flavor of these delicately crumbed muffins is the strips of lemon zest finely ground into the sugar. Enjoy the muffins warm right from the oven.
51 Reviews for Lemon-Raspberry Muffins
I was anxious to try these after enjoying the Corn-Blueberry Muffins (elsewhere on Eating Well). Alas, we found these pretty tasteless. If you slather with butter they are ok with afternoon tea but will not make again.
Have been making this recipe for a couple of months. Today I made a vagan version with almond milk and half of a banana instead of the egg. I just put them into the oven so I hope they turn out ok. I'd like to use spelt next time like someone else had commented. I've used all different berries. Today is the first time I've used frozen ones. I hope these are good. I know the recipes says they are fine, but we'll see.
Love these..., Raleigh, NC
I made these with regular whole wheat flour and unbleached white flour, one container lemon yogurt in place of the canola oil, and frozen blueberries. They were great. The blueberries gave the muffins a strange color but the taste and texture were great. Will definitely make again and use different fruit and yogurt combos.
DJ Girl, No
I am not much o a baker but these turned out to be delicious. Had to use whole wheat flour - still turned out great. Definitely agree with cooking time. Only took 15 minutes.
Claire, Fairbanks, AK
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)