I have to disagree with the recipe blurb in the magazine that the pound of butter is not missed. I made this expecting the dense cake the title would indicate. While the flavor is indeed delightful, the cake is light and fluffy. A much better name would be lemon bread.
Lemon Pound Cake
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
This wonderful rich, sweet lemon pound cake is downright zingy and the candied lemon slices are a beautiful bittersweet topping that’s better than frosting. The best part, though: when you taste it you won’t miss all the butter we cut out compared with a traditional pound cake recipe.
2 Reviews for Lemon Pound Cake
Great recipe. The cake came out dense and tasty. I followed the directions exactly. My family loved it.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)