From EatingWell: November/December 1990
Though catfish is tender enough to be quickly sautéed, its firm flesh also stands up well to the grill. This recipe works best with thicker fillets.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons finely crushed black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 catfish fillets, (about 1 pound total)
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Whisk together lemon juice, oil, pepper and salt in a shallow nonreactive dish. Add catfish and turn to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Grill or broil fish on a lightly oiled rack, turning once, until the fish is opaque, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 223 calories; 16 g fat (3 g sat, 9 g mono); 53 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 0 g fiber; 351 mg sodium; 363 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (20% daily value), Vitamin C (16% dv).
Exchanges: 2 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- November/December 1990