From EatingWell: November/December 1990
Though catfish is tender enough to be quickly sautéed, its firm flesh also stands up well to the grill. This recipe works best with thicker fillets.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons finely crushed black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 catfish fillets, (about 1 pound total)
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Whisk together lemon juice, oil, pepper and salt in a shallow nonreactive dish. Add catfish and turn to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Grill or broil fish on a lightly oiled rack, turning once, until the fish is opaque, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 223 calories; 16 g fat (3 g sat, 9 g mono); 53 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 0 g fiber; 351 mg sodium; 363 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (20% daily value), Vitamin C (16% dv).
Exchanges: 2 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- November/December 1990