From EatingWell: November/December 1990
Though catfish is tender enough to be quickly sautéed, its firm flesh also stands up well to the grill. This recipe works best with thicker fillets.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons finely crushed black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 catfish fillets, (about 1 pound total)
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Whisk together lemon juice, oil, pepper and salt in a shallow nonreactive dish. Add catfish and turn to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Grill or broil fish on a lightly oiled rack, turning once, until the fish is opaque, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Fish on foil: Fish that flakes easily requires a delicate touch to flip on the grill. If you want to skip turning it over when grilling, measure a piece of foil large enough to hold the fish and coat it with cooking spray. Grill the fish on the foil (without turning) until it flakes easily and reaches an internal temperature of 145Â°F.
Per serving: 223 calories; 16 g fat (3 g sat, 9 g mono); 53 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 0 g fiber; 351 mg sodium; 363 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (20% daily value), Vitamin C (16% dv).
Exchanges: 2 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- November/December 1990