From EatingWell: November/December 1990
Though catfish is tender enough to be quickly sautéed, its firm flesh also stands up well to the grill. This recipe works best with thicker fillets.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons finely crushed black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 catfish fillets, (about 1 pound total)
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Whisk together lemon juice, oil, pepper and salt in a shallow nonreactive dish. Add catfish and turn to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Grill or broil fish on a lightly oiled rack, turning once, until the fish is opaque, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Fish on foil: Fish that flakes easily requires a delicate touch to flip on the grill. If you want to skip turning it over when grilling, measure a piece of foil large enough to hold the fish and coat it with cooking spray. Grill the fish on the foil (without turning) until it flakes easily and reaches an internal temperature of 145Â°F.
Per serving: 223 calories; 16 g fat (3 g sat, 9 g mono); 53 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 0 g fiber; 351 mg sodium; 363 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (20% daily value), Vitamin C (16% dv).
Exchanges: 2 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- November/December 1990