Lemon-Oregano Roasted Potatoes
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Lemon zest and oregano add Greek inspiration to these roasted potatoes.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450&ordm;F and place a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Toss potatoes in a large roasting pan with oil, lemon zest, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes, turning occasionally with a metal spatula, until golden brown and tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
Per serving: 142 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 201 mg sodium; 636 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (18% daily value), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
If you’re watching what you eat, you may be trying to eat...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- January/February 1999