Lemon-Mint Snap Peas & Lima Beans
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Fresh-tasting lemon-mint vinaigrette dresses up snap peas and lima beans in a hurry. The creamy texture of limas is a perfect counterpart to the crunch of the sugar snap peas. Try this vinaigrette with asparagus and green beans too.
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 10 ounces frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- Whisk shallot, oil, lemon juice, mint, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a medium saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Steam snap peas and lima beans until the snap peas are tender-crisp and the lima beans are heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Toss with the vinaigrette.
Per serving: 137 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 5 g fiber; 132 mg sodium; 227 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- May/June 2008