Lemon Ice Cream
With a flavor reminiscent of lemon cheesecake, this easy-to-make ice cream is delicious sprinkled with fresh berries.
- 1 14-ounce can nonfat sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt in a mixing bowl. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Alternatively, freeze the mixture in a shallow pan until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth.)
Per serving: 228 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 47 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 0 g fiber; 152 mg sodium; 784 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (27% daily value), Vitamin C (23 dv), Potassium (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)