I also made this for Sunday dinner for my hubby and myself, and used carrots, Vadalia onion, and a few baby Ykon Gold potatoes...this was amazing! The meat was literally gushing with juice when I carved the chicken - it just fell off the bones! And the flavor was AMAZING! My husband gobbled it up. We'll be enjoying the leftovers tomorrow night! Super recipe!
Whole Roasted Lemon-Herb Chicken on a Bed of Vegetables
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
When you season roast chicken under the skin, as in this recipe, the meat itself gets flavored and the skin becomes nicely browned and crisp. Here, the chicken is roasted on a bed of carrots, turnips and celeriac—but any mixture of root vegetables will work. You’ll need about 8 cups of chopped or cubed vegetables.
4 Reviews for Whole Roasted Lemon-Herb Chicken on a Bed of Vegetables
Just made this for dinner last night. used a combination of celeriac, beets and potatoes. I threw a few sage leaves in with the vegetables which infused them with more flavor. Really nice. Can't wait to turn the legs into soft tacos later this week.
this is by far one of the best dishes I've cooked in a while I made it for sunday dinner and my husband agreed as well, I used carrots and potatoes, they came out so crispy and delish. I pared this with a healthy version of mashed potatoes, gravy, and string beans. I've always put spices on the skin I thought these meshed well, and cooking it at a higher temperature actually made it extremely tender.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)