I also made this for Sunday dinner for my hubby and myself, and used carrots, Vadalia onion, and a few baby Ykon Gold potatoes...this was amazing! The meat was literally gushing with juice when I carved the chicken - it just fell off the bones! And the flavor was AMAZING! My husband gobbled it up. We'll be enjoying the leftovers tomorrow night! Super recipe!
Whole Roasted Lemon-Herb Chicken on a Bed of Vegetables
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
When you season roast chicken under the skin, as in this recipe, the meat itself gets flavored and the skin becomes nicely browned and crisp. Here, the chicken is roasted on a bed of carrots, turnips and celeriac—but any mixture of root vegetables will work. You’ll need about 8 cups of chopped or cubed vegetables.
4 Reviews for Whole Roasted Lemon-Herb Chicken on a Bed of Vegetables
Just made this for dinner last night. used a combination of celeriac, beets and potatoes. I threw a few sage leaves in with the vegetables which infused them with more flavor. Really nice. Can't wait to turn the legs into soft tacos later this week.
this is by far one of the best dishes I've cooked in a while I made it for sunday dinner and my husband agreed as well, I used carrots and potatoes, they came out so crispy and delish. I pared this with a healthy version of mashed potatoes, gravy, and string beans. I've always put spices on the skin I thought these meshed well, and cooking it at a higher temperature actually made it extremely tender.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)