Lemon Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
Five ingredients work are all you need to make this lemon frozen yogurt.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, preferably instant-dissolving, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 cups vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Stir together 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl, until sugar is dissolved.
- Process frozen yogurt in a food processor until smooth and slightly softened. Add the sugar-lemon mixture and process until combined. (Alternatively, allow the frozen yogurt to soften slightly and whisk together with the sugar-lemon mixture in a medium bowl until well-combined.) Scoop the frozen yogurt into chilled dessert dishes and return to the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together raspberries and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl; let stand until the berries are juicy, about 15 minutes. Spoon over the frozen yogurt.
Per serving: 224 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 49 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 2 g fiber; 97 mg sodium; 389 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (28% daily value), Calcium (26% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 fat-free milk, 1 1/2 carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1994