Lemon Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
Five ingredients work are all you need to make this lemon frozen yogurt.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, preferably instant-dissolving, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 cups vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Stir together 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl, until sugar is dissolved.
- Process frozen yogurt in a food processor until smooth and slightly softened. Add the sugar-lemon mixture and process until combined. (Alternatively, allow the frozen yogurt to soften slightly and whisk together with the sugar-lemon mixture in a medium bowl until well-combined.) Scoop the frozen yogurt into chilled dessert dishes and return to the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together raspberries and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl; let stand until the berries are juicy, about 15 minutes. Spoon over the frozen yogurt.
Per serving: 224 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 49 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 2 g fiber; 97 mg sodium; 389 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (28% daily value), Calcium (26% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 fat-free milk, 1 1/2 carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1994
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)