Lemon Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
Five ingredients work are all you need to make this lemon frozen yogurt.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, preferably instant-dissolving, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 cups vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Stir together 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl, until sugar is dissolved.
- Process frozen yogurt in a food processor until smooth and slightly softened. Add the sugar-lemon mixture and process until combined. (Alternatively, allow the frozen yogurt to soften slightly and whisk together with the sugar-lemon mixture in a medium bowl until well-combined.) Scoop the frozen yogurt into chilled dessert dishes and return to the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together raspberries and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl; let stand until the berries are juicy, about 15 minutes. Spoon over the frozen yogurt.
Per serving: 224 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 49 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 2 g fiber; 97 mg sodium; 389 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (28% daily value), Calcium (26% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 fat-free milk, 1 1/2 carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1994