Lemon Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
Five ingredients work are all you need to make this lemon frozen yogurt.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, preferably instant-dissolving, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 cups vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Stir together 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl, until sugar is dissolved.
- Process frozen yogurt in a food processor until smooth and slightly softened. Add the sugar-lemon mixture and process until combined. (Alternatively, allow the frozen yogurt to soften slightly and whisk together with the sugar-lemon mixture in a medium bowl until well-combined.) Scoop the frozen yogurt into chilled dessert dishes and return to the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together raspberries and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl; let stand until the berries are juicy, about 15 minutes. Spoon over the frozen yogurt.
Per serving: 224 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 49 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 2 g fiber; 97 mg sodium; 389 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (28% daily value), Calcium (26% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 fat-free milk, 1 1/2 carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1994