Lemon-Dill Green Beans
This lemon and dill vinaigrette is a natural complement to green beans. It's also great tossed with steamed asparagus or drizzled over sliced fresh tomatoes. To make this recipe serve 10, multiply all the ingredients by 2 1/2: Use 2 1/2 pounds green beans, 3 tablespoons dill, 2 1/2 tablespoons each shallot, oil and lemon juice, 2 1/2 teaspoons mustard and 3/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bring an inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add green beans, cover and cook until tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk dill, shallot, oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the green beans and toss to coat. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving to blend flavors.
Per serving: 74 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 4 g fiber; 163 mg sodium; 178 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less