I did follow other users' suggestions and doubled the lemon juice. I also used dried dill, so 2 teaspoons, rather than the 2 tablespoons of fresh, just because I didn't have any fresh. I also used a little white wine after the garlic and onion and softened and before I added the broth-dill-lemon-flour mixture. We thought it was great. Is definitely going into the regular rotation.
Lemon & Dill Chicken
Fresh lemon and dill create a quick Greek-inspired pan sauce for simple sautéed chicken breasts. Make it a meal: Serve with roasted broccoli and whole-wheat orzo.
21 Reviews for Lemon & Dill Chicken
Add lemon zest and increase fresh lemon juice to 2TBSP. Use corn starch instead of flour and I used fresh dry dill but could see an advantage to using fresh. Fine dice definitely on the onion. We will have this again and again for a simple easy meal! Try it!!
Nice chicken dish, only took about a half hour to make. Next time I'd put more dill & less garlic though. I love dill & the dill flavor kind of got lost in this recipe.
I love lemon and dill and was really excited for this recipe but I found that the recipe called for so much garlic that it over powered the sauce. The onion and garlic make sense together and the lemon and dill together but all together it the taste was "off". I didn't enjoy it and probably won't make again.
I used beef broth to add depth of flavor. I also added lemon zest and capers. Served with tri-color orzo with feta and fresh diced tomatoes, and a side of roasted asparagus also with lemon zest. This recipe is a keeper and super fast and easy!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)