I really liked the flavors in this dish, but it seemed to light. Seems like there should be more sauce! Good though, I'd make it again and maybe try bell peppers instead.
Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
From EatingWell: May/June 2009
Spiked with lots of zesty lemon, this delectable chicken stir-fry has a colorful mix of snow peas, carrots and scallions. But feel free to substitute other thinly sliced vegetables, such as bell peppers or zucchini. Serve with: Rice noodles or brown rice.
46 Reviews for Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
We loved this! I used the zest of 1/2 a lemon, still used the same quantity of lemon juice and also added a Tbsp of hoisin sauce to add some sweetness. I modified the veggies based on what I had on hand...and will make it again.
I have made it a few times using the original recipe and it has been very good. I made it last night and realized after starting that I didn't have any chicken broth in the house, so I decided to use orange juice instead. It made it much more flavorful and citrusy, without becoming overwhelming. I will be sticking with the modified recipe now!
This was an easy meal to prepare and fast to cook. I used all the ingredients listed, but used real lemon juice instead of an actual lemon. You can control the lemon flavor easier that way. The only alteration I would make to the list of ingredients is to halve the corn starch. I served it with Udon noodles. You know it's good when my husband goes back for seconds!
We really were looking forward to eatilng this. Unfortunately, even after reducing the lemon in half, the sauce had way too much lemon for us. I will not be making this again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)