I recently got a Sharp Steamwave AX-1100S and cooked the chicken and vegetables inthe steamwave instead of the skillet.I made the sauce in a pyrex bowl in the microwave and added to the chicken and vegetabes in a bowl after they cooked in the steamwave. I served over rice I cooked in the microwave and it made a good meal. You could mix it up and use different vegetables and meat and customize the recipe to suit your taste.
Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
From EatingWell: May/June 2009
Spiked with lots of zesty lemon, this delectable chicken stir-fry has a colorful mix of snow peas, carrots and scallions. But feel free to substitute other thinly sliced vegetables, such as bell peppers or zucchini. Serve with: Rice noodles or brown rice.
46 Reviews for Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
We enjoyed the dish. The lemon flavor was refreshing. I used whole Green Beans and Red and Green bell peppers. Served over Saffron Rice. I will cok this dish again. I really can't imagine anyone thinking its too much lemon.
This stir-fry was wonderful and easy. We did not use any lemon and it still turned out great!!!
This was so good, I had to control myself so I wouldn't lick my plate. :) I followed other's advice and cut back on the lemon. I think I used 1/2 the lemon zest called for as well as juice from only 1/2 a lemon. We served it over long grain brown rice and it was awesome!
I added 2 zuchinni and a yellow pepper to the stir fry to make it even healthier. I used the zest of the lemon and ALL of the juice of the lemon as well as 2 tablespoons of garlic. It was absolutely delicious even without rice. We had plenty of sauce, but my family likes to add low sodium salt. So SO good and we will eat it again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)