This is really yummy taco meat. I make it with all ground turkey because I don't eat beef. My husband LOVES it and my children like it also. It is a regular in my home.
Lean & Spicy Taco Meat
From EatingWell: May/June 2007
A combination of lean ground beef and ultra-lean ground turkey breast makes a less-greasy filling. Bypass taco-seasoning packets in favor of making your own full-flavored filling.
7 Reviews for Lean & Spicy Taco Meat
It was good, nothing AH-MAZING, but good enough for my husband to stop eating and say, "Hmm. This is good." Great go to recipe.
This was fantastic. I can't handle a lot of spice... but this perfect, a little bit of heat, and lots of flavor even with the turkey. I used this in a taco salad with chips, lettuce, this taco meat, some fresh tomatoes, and instead of using sour cream, or cheese, I just cut up an avacado to add some creamy-ness to top it off. Fantastic!
Fan-freaking-tastic! I used ground bison instead of the beef/turkey mix, and pico de gallo instead of Rotel. I also added a little cayenne and garlic powder. My husband and I gobbled them up. I will definitely make this again...well, I'll make EatingWell tacos again.
It's very good! I would definitely recommend it!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)