This recipe doesn't have enough heat or spice. If I make it again it will have cumin, onion, garlic, and maybe cilantro. And, maybe add some spice to some other layers. I would also put the chips on the top, so they stay crisp. The avocado yogurt layer is so yummy! I might also add jalapeños. This recipe needs a boost!
8-Layer Taco Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This gorgeous and colorful 8-layer taco salad recipe is made healthier by using ground turkey in place of beef, adding Greek yogurt and bumping up the amount of vegetables. Serve this salad in a clear glass bowl and you’ll have an eye-catching party-worthy dinner or potluck side in just 30 minutes.
7 Reviews for 8-Layer Taco Salad
This is an excellent makeover for my favorite cuisine. However, I would not put the chips in the salad. The next day..very soggy. Instead crush then on top of the salad as you serve it!
I made this salad for work and everyone loved it. I got home and made it again for my husband and thought it was delicious. It is easy, fast and delicious.
This is a fantastic recipe. We added some onion to it and paired it with blue corn tortilla chips and used it as a dip.
I have made this salad twice now and both times it was a huge hit with my husband and I. Used black beans and a mango/peach salsa. The avocado/Greek yogurt mixture is brilliant. Will definitely be a keeper in our family.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)