Lamb Chops with a Balsamic-Vinegar Pan Sauce
Serve with RÃ¶sti Potatoes and a mixed green salad.
- 4 6-ounce lamb loin chops, or eight 4-ounce rib chops, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- Rub lamb well with cut sides of 1 garlic clove; discard garlic. Sprinkle with chopped rosemary, salt and pepper; rub in 1 teaspoon oil. Cover and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the second garlic clove and lamb chops. (If using rib chops, it may be necessary to sear them in batches. Do not wipe the pan clean between batches.) Sear the lamb on one side until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and sear on the other side for 1 minute; reduce the heat to low and continue cooking until the second side is golden brown and the center is still slightly pink. Transfer the lamb to a platter and keep warm.
- Spoon away any excess fat, leaving the browned bits in the bottom, and return the pan (with garlic halves) to high heat. Add vinegar and bring to a boil, scraping the pan for browned bits. Stir in broth, rosemary sprig and bay leaf; boil until the sauce has thickened and reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the garlic, rosemary sprig and bay leaf, then season the sauce with salt and pepper. Spoon over the lamb and serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Marinate the lamb (Step 1) up to 1 day in advance.
Per serving: 186 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 68 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 22 g protein; 0 g fiber; 369 mg sodium; 273 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (33% daily value), Zinc (20% dv).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation