The Korean twist makes this a very unique meal. The addition of cilantro and mirin make this one of those meals where you just really enjoy the flavors! Don't skimp on the jalapeños, I used 2 and the dish could have stood another!
Korean Beef Stir-Fry
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Inspired by the flavors found in Korean barbecue, this dish is a mouth-watering addition to any weeknight repertoire. A fruity Riesling and rice noodles are perfect accompaniments.
9 Reviews for Korean Beef Stir-Fry
Made this last night for dinner after our local grocery FINALLY had some bean sprouts (which I ended up throwing away because they were slimy). BUT absolutely LOVED this meal, as did my hubby. Doubled the sauce and the meat, while doing a GENEROUS dose of the garlic, pepper and ginger. Nothing was overpowering and the flavors were AWESOME!! Next time will probably add more spinach (for a double recipe, I only used 6 ounces), a bunch of scallions or sliced onions (to replace the bean sprouts) and add a bit of water to thin out the sauce a bit. A little siracha on the side and perfection!! Hubby already asked to have it again and I agree!!
The seasoning was unremarkable, and despite all efforts to slice beef thinly enough, it was still not enough to match the delicacy of the spinach and bean sprouts. Not impressed. Needs more distinctive seasonings, and marinated beef - like Kalbi beef.
I altered it to taste. I added more meat, and less greens (my hubby doesn't like too many greens), and more jalapenos. Everything else was to par.
It was delicious! Will definitely be making this one again
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)