Kiwi-Lime Ice Pops
From EatingWell: July/August 1996
You control the added sugar in these kiwi-lime popsicles.
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely freshly grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 drop green food coloring, (optional)
- 2 kiwis, peeled and very thinly sliced
- Pour water into a small saucepan, add sugar, lime zest and ginger. Stir over high heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Strain the syrup through a fine sieve set over a bowl. Stir in lime juice and food coloring, if using.
- Line 8 individual frozen-treat molds or small (2-ounce) paper cups with slices of kiwi, pressing them onto the sides so they are close together but not overlapping. Fill each mold or cup with the lime mixture.
- Freeze until beginning to set, about 1 hour. Insert frozen-treat sticks and freeze until completely firm. Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.
Per serving: 79 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 73 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- July/August 1996