Kiwi-Lime Ice Pops
From EatingWell: July/August 1996
You control the added sugar in these kiwi-lime popsicles.
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely freshly grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 drop green food coloring, (optional)
- 2 kiwis, peeled and very thinly sliced
- Pour water into a small saucepan, add sugar, lime zest and ginger. Stir over high heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Strain the syrup through a fine sieve set over a bowl. Stir in lime juice and food coloring, if using.
- Line 8 individual frozen-treat molds or small (2-ounce) paper cups with slices of kiwi, pressing them onto the sides so they are close together but not overlapping. Fill each mold or cup with the lime mixture.
- Freeze until beginning to set, about 1 hour. Insert frozen-treat sticks and freeze until completely firm. Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.
Per serving: 79 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 73 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- July/August 1996