King Crab & Potato Salad
From EatingWell: June/July 2006
Bright lemony dressing graces this summery combination of green beans, snappy radishes, earthy red potatoes and crab. All you need is crunchy bread and a bottle of A to Z Pinot Gris.
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 3/4 pounds cooked king crab legs, thawed if frozen (see Tip), meat removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add beans and cook until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a colander using a slotted spoon; refresh under cold water.
- Add potatoes to the boiling water. Cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain in a colander; refresh under cold water until room temperature.
- Toss the green beans and potatoes with crab, celery, radishes and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk garlic, lemon juice, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl; slowly whisk in oil. Whisk in basil, salt and pepper. Discard the garlic; pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Tip: To defrost frozen lobster tails or crab legs, let thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Per serving: 330 calories; 16 g fat (2 g sat, 11 g mono); 67 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 4 g fiber; 483 mg sodium; 428 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value), Selenium (41% dv), Zinc (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- June/July 2006