King Crab & Potato Salad
From EatingWell: June/July 2006
Bright lemony dressing graces this summery combination of green beans, snappy radishes, earthy red potatoes and crab. All you need is crunchy bread and a bottle of A to Z Pinot Gris.
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 3/4 pounds cooked king crab legs, thawed if frozen (see Tip), meat removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add beans and cook until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a colander using a slotted spoon; refresh under cold water.
- Add potatoes to the boiling water. Cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain in a colander; refresh under cold water until room temperature.
- Toss the green beans and potatoes with crab, celery, radishes and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk garlic, lemon juice, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl; slowly whisk in oil. Whisk in basil, salt and pepper. Discard the garlic; pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Tip: To defrost frozen lobster tails or crab legs, let thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Per serving: 330 calories; 16 g fat (2 g sat, 11 g mono); 67 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 4 g fiber; 483 mg sodium; 428 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value), Selenium (41% dv), Zinc (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- June/July 2006