King Crab & Potato Salad
From EatingWell: June/July 2006
Bright lemony dressing graces this summery combination of green beans, snappy radishes, earthy red potatoes and crab. All you need is crunchy bread and a bottle of A to Z Pinot Gris.
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 3/4 pounds cooked king crab legs, thawed if frozen (see Tip), meat removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add beans and cook until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a colander using a slotted spoon; refresh under cold water.
- Add potatoes to the boiling water. Cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain in a colander; refresh under cold water until room temperature.
- Toss the green beans and potatoes with crab, celery, radishes and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk garlic, lemon juice, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl; slowly whisk in oil. Whisk in basil, salt and pepper. Discard the garlic; pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Tip: To defrost frozen lobster tails or crab legs, let thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Per serving: 330 calories; 16 g fat (2 g sat, 11 g mono); 67 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 4 g fiber; 483 mg sodium; 428 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value), Selenium (41% dv), Zinc (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- June/July 2006