King Crab & Potato Salad
From EatingWell: June/July 2006
Bright lemony dressing graces this summery combination of green beans, snappy radishes, earthy red potatoes and crab. All you need is crunchy bread and a bottle of A to Z Pinot Gris.
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 3/4 pounds cooked king crab legs, thawed if frozen (see Tip), meat removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add beans and cook until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a colander using a slotted spoon; refresh under cold water.
- Add potatoes to the boiling water. Cook until tender when pierced with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain in a colander; refresh under cold water until room temperature.
- Toss the green beans and potatoes with crab, celery, radishes and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk garlic, lemon juice, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl; slowly whisk in oil. Whisk in basil, salt and pepper. Discard the garlic; pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Tip: To defrost frozen lobster tails or crab legs, let thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Per serving: 330 calories; 16 g fat (2 g sat, 11 g mono); 67 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 4 g fiber; 483 mg sodium; 428 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value), Selenium (41% dv), Zinc (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- June/July 2006