I dry mine in the microwave for 1.30 mins and then spray lightly with light olive oil, sprinkle with salt and put in oven for about 1 minute on 175 - no burnt taste
From EatingWell: September/October 2011
Not a fan of kale? These crispy baked kale chips will convert you! For the best result, don’t overcrowd the pans.
20 Reviews for Kale Chips
The chips are good but I cut the cooking time to 4 minutes and they started to burn. My next batch I did at 300 degrees and no burning.
Cooking times says 8-12 minutes. I decided to cook them 6 minutes to start off with. When I opened up my oven after 6 minutes a got a face full of smoke and two trays of black kale. Tried again with the second batch for 4 minutes. and that was much closer to being correct. Kale isn't cheap so I'm a little bummed that I wasted half of my money cooking as directed.
These were really good! I actually love kale now ;) I made a kale smoothie earlier and it was horrible. I didn't like it. But these chips are really delicious! I put a little too much salt, more than what was given, but otherwise it was yummy! They were gone in 2 minutes! I would definitely make these again :)
Simply delicious!!! It was my first time trying kale chips and homemade made it even more awesome. It taste like Lays Potato Chips. The crunchy-nest is perfect. If you're the savory type this one will hit the spot. I'm just curious if it can be done with purple kale.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)