A tasty salad. I will probably julienne the jicama and carrot next time as grating seemed to make it too "mushy" even using the largest grate. However, it is still a great salad and easy to prepare.
From EatingWell: March/April 1994
Grated jicama, carrots and Granny Smith apples tossed with a tangy cider vinaigrette is a tasty side dish for summer barbecues. Make it a meal: Serve alongside Sweet-&-Sour Chicken Drumsticks.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)