Jerk Chicken & Nectarine Salad
Sweet, ripe nectarines offer a cool counterpoint to this spicy jerk chicken salad. Accompany with Wholesome Cornbread and Beans & Rice.
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce, such as
- 4 teaspoons honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 3 ripe nectarines, pitted and thickly sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups torn or shredded romaine lettuce
- Mix 1 tablespoon lime juice, jerk seasoning, steak sauce, 2 teaspoons honey and oil in a shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high or preheat broiler.
- Stir together nectarines, scallions, remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice and remaining 2 teaspoons honey in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Oil grill rack or broiler pan. Grill chicken until no longer pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side. (Alternatively, place thighs on broiler pan. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat, 4 to 5 minutes per side.) Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice diagonally.
- Toss romaine with nectarine mixture in a large bowl. Divide among 6 plates and arrange chicken on top. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient note: Jerk seasoning is a dry rub available in the spice section of most supermarkets.
Per serving: 247 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 94 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 25 g protein; 3 g fiber; 546 mg sodium; 799 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (140% daily value), Vitamin C (70% dv), Potassium (41% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Entertaining, casual
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient