Jerk Chicken & Nectarine Salad
Sweet, ripe nectarines offer a cool counterpoint to this spicy jerk chicken salad. Accompany with Wholesome Cornbread and Beans & Rice.
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce, such as
- 4 teaspoons honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 3 ripe nectarines, pitted and thickly sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups torn or shredded romaine lettuce
- Mix 1 tablespoon lime juice, jerk seasoning, steak sauce, 2 teaspoons honey and oil in a shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high or preheat broiler.
- Stir together nectarines, scallions, remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice and remaining 2 teaspoons honey in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Oil grill rack or broiler pan. Grill chicken until no longer pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side. (Alternatively, place thighs on broiler pan. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat, 4 to 5 minutes per side.) Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice diagonally.
- Toss romaine with nectarine mixture in a large bowl. Divide among 6 plates and arrange chicken on top. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient note: Jerk seasoning is a dry rub available in the spice section of most supermarkets.
Per serving: 247 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 94 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 25 g protein; 3 g fiber; 546 mg sodium; 799 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (140% daily value), Vitamin C (70% dv), Potassium (41% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Entertaining, casual
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient