Jerk Chicken & Nectarine Salad
Sweet, ripe nectarines offer a cool counterpoint to this spicy jerk chicken salad. Accompany with Wholesome Cornbread and Beans & Rice.
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce, such as
- 4 teaspoons honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 3 ripe nectarines, pitted and thickly sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups torn or shredded romaine lettuce
- Mix 1 tablespoon lime juice, jerk seasoning, steak sauce, 2 teaspoons honey and oil in a shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high or preheat broiler.
- Stir together nectarines, scallions, remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice and remaining 2 teaspoons honey in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Oil grill rack or broiler pan. Grill chicken until no longer pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side. (Alternatively, place thighs on broiler pan. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat, 4 to 5 minutes per side.) Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice diagonally.
- Toss romaine with nectarine mixture in a large bowl. Divide among 6 plates and arrange chicken on top. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient note: Jerk seasoning is a dry rub available in the spice section of most supermarkets.
Per serving: 247 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 94 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 25 g protein; 3 g fiber; 546 mg sodium; 799 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (140% daily value), Vitamin C (70% dv), Potassium (41% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Entertaining, casual