This was really yummy! I made it without mirin or wine and it was still super tastey! The scallions really add a nice flavor. I just had to cover the dish while the chicken cooked to make sure they cooked all the way through. I used more rice and it came out less like a soup, and more like fried rice, but it was awesome!
Japanese Chicken-Scallion Rice Bowl
Here's the quintessence of Japanese home cooking: an aromatic, protein-rich broth served over rice. Admittedly, Japanese cooking leans heavily on sugar - for a less traditional taste, you could reduce or even omit the sugar.
50 Reviews for Japanese Chicken-Scallion Rice Bowl
Made this for the first time after thanksgiving with some leftover turkey indstead of chicken. My husband who is not a fan of asian foods at all asked for seconds and my two year old daughter ate it up!
Made this for dinner lastnight...was super easy, really tasty & perfect for a cold Winter evening in Ohio! Emailing to a few friends to try!
It was a wonderful soup...my cousin had made it for us for dinner... i enjoyed it and had to get the recipe..I couldn't believe how quick and easy it looks to make it.
This was a wonderful soup..i enjoyed it..My cousin made it for us for dinner...i had to get the recipe..
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)