This recipe was not only easy to assemble, but it was absolutely delicious! This is truly one of the best sandwich recipes I’ve had this year. All the flavors blend to make a very savory combo. It makes a very nice vegetarian option as well. Wonderful recipe and 5 stars all the way!!!
Italian Vegetable Hoagies
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
This delightfully easy, and somewhat messy, sandwich packs a punch with sweet balsamic vinegar, artichoke hearts, red onion, provolone cheese and zesty pepperoncini. We love it for dinner as well as lunch. If you're packing the hoagies to take along, keep the ingredients separate and assemble right before eating to avoid soggy bread. Serve with tomato and cucumber salad.
20 Reviews for Italian Vegetable Hoagies
Easy to make, healthful, and completely satisfying. Perfect sandwich recipe!
Made this ahead of time for lunches this week. Chopped up the tomato mixture and put it in a container. Kept my lettuce and onion separate and assembled sandwiches at the office! Toasted the bread today and it's AMAZING! So happy...taking a break from eating to write this review!
When I made this recipe for myself, My families eyes followed me to the table. All I have to say is it's a good thing I made plenty for everyone!
This was by far the best vegetarian sandwich I've ever eaten. My fiancé absolutely loved it, and he's a big meat eater. However, I did make a few little changes. I toasted the bread with the cheese on top, and I also used banana peppers instead of pepperoncini peppers. I think they gave it that extra kick without being too over powering. And finally I added black olives. umm ummm delicious. We will definitely be making this again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)