Italian Roasted Snap Peas
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Serve this Italian-inspired combination of sweet snap peas, leeks and tomatoes with roast chicken or garlic-rubbed grilled steaks.
- 1 large leek, white part only, halved lengthwise and thoroughly washed
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut leek halves into 2-inch lengths and then very thinly slice each piece lengthwise, yielding 2-inch-long strips. Toss the leek strips, peas, oil and salt in a medium bowl. Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Return to the oven and roast until the vegetables begin to brown, about 10 minutes more. Toss with oregano and serve.
Per serving: 96 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 311 mg sodium; 135 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (45% daily value), Vitamin A (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- May/June 2008