Italian Roasted Snap Peas
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Serve this Italian-inspired combination of sweet snap peas, leeks and tomatoes with roast chicken or garlic-rubbed grilled steaks.
- 1 large leek, white part only, halved lengthwise and thoroughly washed
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut leek halves into 2-inch lengths and then very thinly slice each piece lengthwise, yielding 2-inch-long strips. Toss the leek strips, peas, oil and salt in a medium bowl. Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Return to the oven and roast until the vegetables begin to brown, about 10 minutes more. Toss with oregano and serve.
Per serving: 96 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 311 mg sodium; 135 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (45% daily value), Vitamin A (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2008