Italian Roasted Snap Peas
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Serve this Italian-inspired combination of sweet snap peas, leeks and tomatoes with roast chicken or garlic-rubbed grilled steaks.
- 1 large leek, white part only, halved lengthwise and thoroughly washed
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut leek halves into 2-inch lengths and then very thinly slice each piece lengthwise, yielding 2-inch-long strips. Toss the leek strips, peas, oil and salt in a medium bowl. Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Return to the oven and roast until the vegetables begin to brown, about 10 minutes more. Toss with oregano and serve.
Per serving: 96 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 311 mg sodium; 135 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (45% daily value), Vitamin A (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- May/June 2008