Italian Roasted Snap Peas
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Serve this Italian-inspired combination of sweet snap peas, leeks and tomatoes with roast chicken or garlic-rubbed grilled steaks.
- 1 large leek, white part only, halved lengthwise and thoroughly washed
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut leek halves into 2-inch lengths and then very thinly slice each piece lengthwise, yielding 2-inch-long strips. Toss the leek strips, peas, oil and salt in a medium bowl. Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Return to the oven and roast until the vegetables begin to brown, about 10 minutes more. Toss with oregano and serve.
Per serving: 96 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 4 g fiber; 311 mg sodium; 135 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (45% daily value), Vitamin A (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- May/June 2008