these are the worst cookies I've ever made. they keep burning at the bottom even though the temperature isNt that high, maybe something is wrong with my ovenbut all I know is that I made a batch of s***. Burnt and undercooked looking that is torn from sticking to the bottom I have no idea what to do with it. I want to hurl it out my windowtoo embarrassed to show anybody
Italian Hazelnut Cookies
From EatingWell: September/October 2008
These crispy cookies are made with Piedmontese staples—hazelnuts and eggs—and called Brutti Ma Buoni: literally, “Ugly But Good.” But they are really more plain-looking than “ugly,” and pack a powerful, sweet, nutty burst of flavor, making them welcome at any table.
7 Reviews for Italian Hazelnut Cookies
I made these this morning for a party later today. As far as the peeling of the hazelnuts go it was so easy! Didn't spend more than 2-3 mins doing it. I think mine were a bit over cooked, but served with a glass of milk as a dunking cookie saved the day. Yum!!
Do you think this recipe would work if I do not peel the hazelnuts. Just don't see myself doing that in the greater scope of my daily duties.
I went to three different supermarkets - could not find hazlenuts, so then I went to a nut/coffee specialty store and found some already roasted and peeled. It was worth the trouble. I made these at Christmastime and everyone raved about them. Then enjoyed them from the freezer, too. They freeze really well. It was a fun cookie to make, too. Beat your egg whites till they are stiff enough that you can turn the bowl upside down and they stay put.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)