Sautéed Cauliflower & Grape Tomatoes
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
This Italian-inspired saute of cauliflower and tomatoes spiked with anchovies, garlic and vinegar pairs well with white fish or roasted chicken.
- 2 tablespoons chopped pancetta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets (from 1 medium head)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook pancetta in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until it begins to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add cauliflower, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add water and vinegar, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender and the liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes more.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, tomatoes, parsley, garlic, anchovies (if using), salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the garlic is soft, about 2 minutes more. Serve the sautéed cauliflower with the crispy pancetta on top.
Per serving: 124 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 294 mg sodium; 411 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value), Folate (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2010