Sautéed Cauliflower & Grape Tomatoes
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
This Italian-inspired saute of cauliflower and tomatoes spiked with anchovies, garlic and vinegar pairs well with white fish or roasted chicken.
- 2 tablespoons chopped pancetta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets (from 1 medium head)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook pancetta in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until it begins to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add cauliflower, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add water and vinegar, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender and the liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes more.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, tomatoes, parsley, garlic, anchovies (if using), salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the garlic is soft, about 2 minutes more. Serve the sautéed cauliflower with the crispy pancetta on top.
Per serving: 124 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 294 mg sodium; 411 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value), Folate (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 2010