Peach Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
We like to use chopped frozen peaches, but you can use frozen berries or whatever frozen fruit you have on hand in this ultra-quick frozen yogurt that is made without an ice cream maker.
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped frozen peaches (about 16 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sugar, preferably superfine (see Note)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine peaches and sugar in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped. Combine yogurt and lemon juice in a measuring cup; with the machine on, gradually pour the mixture through the feed tube. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides once or twice. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Superfine sugar dissolves instantly, preventing a grainy texture in cold desserts and beverages. It is available in the baking section of most supermarkets, but if you can’t find it, simply process regular granulated sugar in a food processor or a clean coffee grinder until ground very fine.
Per serving: 159 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 25 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 24 mg sodium; 241 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: Exchanges: 2 1/2 carbohydrates (other)
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- May/June 2010
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)