Peach Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
We like to use chopped frozen peaches, but you can use frozen berries or whatever frozen fruit you have on hand in this ultra-quick frozen yogurt that is made without an ice cream maker.
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped frozen peaches (about 16 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sugar, preferably superfine (see Note)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine peaches and sugar in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped. Combine yogurt and lemon juice in a measuring cup; with the machine on, gradually pour the mixture through the feed tube. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides once or twice. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Superfine sugar dissolves instantly, preventing a grainy texture in cold desserts and beverages. It is available in the baking section of most supermarkets, but if you can’t find it, simply process regular granulated sugar in a food processor or a clean coffee grinder until ground very fine.
Per serving: 159 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 25 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 24 mg sodium; 241 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: Exchanges: 2 1/2 carbohydrates (other)
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2010