Instant Mango Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
It couldn’t be simpler to make frozen yogurt in a food processor. In this quick Greek frozen yogurt recipe, frozen mango and Greek yogurt are blended in a food processor to create a luscious, healthy dessert. If you want to make this starting with fresh mango, dice enough to get about 4 1/2 cups and freeze in a single layer until frozen solid.
- 4 1/2 cups diced frozen mango (16-ounce bag), not thawed
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar or brown sugar
- Combine mango, yogurt and sugar in a food processor. Process until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze airtight for up to 1 week; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly before serving.
Per serving: 107 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 6 g added sugars; 20 g total sugars; 6 g protein; 2 g fiber; 20 mg sodium; 79 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (32% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 Fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat-free milk
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- March/April 2014
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)