This was somewhat bland (I didn't use the red pepper because I have 2 small kids) and watery. I used baby spinach and reconstituted dried mushrooms (it was a desperate night) but I think it was the canned tomatoes that made it "blah" (I used plain caned tomatoes with about 1 tsp dried italian seasoning). Marinara might have been better. I'm sure meat would've helped as well. So feel free to add more seasoning! I even used full-fat ricotta and added pecorino romano cheese on top, but all that made it "good" was my 5-year-old daughter's idea to add pesto. Then it was good.
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
Here we take basic lasagna ingredients—ricotta cheese, pasta and tomatoes—and skip the layering and long baking time to make a super-quick and satisfying meal for the whole family. To cut down on prep time, look for presliced mushrooms. For meat lovers, brown some crumbled turkey sausage along with the onions and garlic. Serve with: Steamed broccoli and whole-grain baguette.
49 Reviews for Inside-Out Lasagna
This is one of my favorites that I've found so far. Surprisingly filling. I know when dieting, you are so hungry by the time dinner comes around and it's hard to worry about proportions, but this filled me and my husband up. We are making this one again for sure!
Easy and delicious! The husband loved it so much, he ate two servings. I'm adding it to our rotation!
Made this last night and it was really really good. I used fat free cottage cheese instead of ricotta. Warmed it up for lunch and it was yummy as a left-over. We used baby spinach too, but otherwise followed the recipe.
Really like this recipe, but I added the tomatoes and then let the sauce cook down some before adding the spinach so it is not too thin and the spinach doesn't get overcooked.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)